Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a security deposit, and how much is it?

Yes, half of one month’s rent is due upon signing the Lease Agreement.  This amount is held in trust under your name.  Your security deposit will be returned 15 days after the end of your tenancy and after completion physical inspection of your suite, less any deductions for repairs or cleaning, if needed.

Interest is paid on security deposit money held as per legistlation governing the Residential Tenancy Act.  Security deposit returns are based on condition of vacated unit, proper cleaning instructions and a list of standard deposit deductions will be given to you upon notice of vacating.

How much is the pet deposit?

Most of PAMC buildings do not allow pets; however, should you receive written permission to keep a pet in your suite, you will be required to pay half of one month’s rent which is due upon signing the Lease Agreement or upon arrival of the pet.

How long is the lease?

All our leases are a minimum 1 year. After one year they automatically revert to month-to-month leases.

What is the penalty for terminating the lease early?

There is an early termination fee of $125.00 should you leave prior to 1 year. This fee is to cover the cost of advertising and releasing the unit. Further, should the landlord be unable to lease your suite, you may be responsible for the rent remaining on your initial Lease Term.

Are utilities included?

Tenants are responsible for their own electrical utilities, also known as Hydro. When you move in you are responsible to call your local Hydro Company to set up your new account. 
BC Hydro – 604 224-9376
New West Hydro – 604-527-4555

Are Cable and Internet Provided?

Cable and Internet services are not included in your rent; units do have outlets to provide the required services, however it is up to the tenant to call the necessary providers to set up their own accounts.
Telus: 604-310-2255
Shaw Communications: 604-629-8888
Rogers: 1-888-ROGERS1 (1-888-764-3771)

Can I sublet?

Subletting is not permitted without the prior written consent of the landlord.

How can I contact PAMC and maintenance personal?

For non-emergency maintenance requests please submit an on-line MAINTENANCE REQUEST FORM. All requests will be submitted to our maintenance personnel the following business day. Should you wish to speak with someone directly, PAMC Head Office is open Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm. All apartment buildings do have specific maintenance personnel available if required 24 hours a day.

Can I paint the walls?

We do allow tenants to paint walls under two conditions 1) they receive written consent from the Landlord and 2) they are financially responsible to return the walls to the neutral color once they vacate the unit.

Is parking including?

For most of our apartment buildings parking is an additional cost. To find out about a particular building please contact our Head Office.

What happens if I bounce a cheque?

All NSF cheques are subject to a NSF Fee. A bounced cheque is considered non-payment of rent and the landlord may issue a notice to end tenancy.


Copyright © 2023 Pacific Asset Management Corporation.
Website created and maintained by INFOSHIFT Marketing Ltd.